Friday, March 9, 2012

WE HAVE DECIDED!!!!!!

Great news today. Well, first let me say that I am sorry for not updating as promised last night. We got home very late and had to get packing for our trip to Atlanta this morning.

As all of you know, we had our meeting with Meredith from Adoption Assistance, Inc. last night in E-Town. I have to say that God is in this process big time! He is showing Himself clearly in this whole thing. Meredith is a God send. I know for sure that He connected us for a reason. She is amazing for sure. Lauren absolutely related to her right off the bat, and she was so down to earth and real. She pulls no wool over the eyes. She told us all that we needed to know and then some. She took her time with us and answered all of our questions. Many of our worries and concerns were laid to rest.

We spent a great deal of time talking about the pros and cons of both domestic and international adoption. We talked about all the countries available to us and the pros and cons of those countries. We talked about cost, fundraising, grants, loans and everything under the sun lol. We left our meeting with 100% of the information that we came there seeking. I felt that God was right there in the room as we were talking. I was moved by Meredith's own adoption story as she opened up and took the time to share it with us. I was anxious to leave toward the end of our meeting because God had already confirmed to me what He wanted us to do and I could not wait to pick Lauren's brain to see if she had the same feeling.

As many of you know, I have a love and passion for the people of Africa. I had the unique opportunity to visit there in 2008 with The Hanna Project on a mission trip. I came back changed forever by what I saw and experienced there. I fell in love with the people and children of Africa. My heart longs to go back there and be with the people. I have wanted to go again with the Hanna Project but have not had the opportunity. Well, about 3 months ago the fire and passion I have for Africa was rekindled. I felt that God was calling me back to Africa. I contacted the Hanna Project and found that they were taking applications for another trip to Africa in September 2012. This was a perfect time because it's after our busy summer months with our church youth group. I knew that this was the perfect time to take the step, so I did. I now have my application in and am awaiting to know if I made the team or not. I have been drawn to the children of Africa since 2008. In fact, every child that we have supported through world vision, Holt and Feed the Hungry have been from Africa. Africa holds my heart.

While talking with Meredith my heart begin to swell as she talked about the children of Ethiopia. I listened to her stories about the orphanage and the children there. About how the children get there. About how they live in extreme poverty and sometimes the Mother dies in child birth and the Father can not afford to feed the child. My heart broke but at the same time filled with excitement as God confirmed in me that we needed to adopt from Ethiopia. I just knew it without a doubt. When we left the meeting I asked Lauren what she thought and she agreed 100%. Ethiopia it is!! She has the same feeling as I do. She knew before we talked after we left, that our child would be from Ethiopia. I can not tell you how excited we are.


Now the process begins! We have all our paperwork in and are now ready to begin our home study. We set the date with Meredith for March 19th. Meredith will come to our home and meet with us and take a tour of our home. It brings us one step closer to Baby Anderson. This process will not be easy. There will be rough days and trials that come. There will also be good days and exciting days that will come. In the end, we will have the child that God has handpicked for us before we even knew it. It will all be worth it.

I am now going to ask for your help. We desperately need your prayers. The most important thing through this whole journey will be the prayers and support of our friends, family and church family. I know that God would not open this door just to shut it before we finish. Thats not how He works. I believe that it is natural to be worried about the finical aspect of this whole process. It is not cheap. We are looking at around $26,000 altogether. This includes two trips to Ethiopia. Right now it looks like a mountain, but I know that mountains can be conquered and even moved with prayer. For now, it is a mountain. So far we have $500.00 of our $26,000 mountain. We are going to take this mountain one step at a time. The first step being the home study. The home study will cost $1,500. Then we will focus on the next step. God will provide.

We plan on sharing every part of this with the world. We want to give God all the glory for the work He is doing and will do. (Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure).

Baby Anderson, I feel as if i already know you. The time is nearing when we will meet and I will hold you in my arms. Your Mom can't wait to meet you. She is an amazing woman and will love you with a love that is unexplainable. I will love you that way to. It won't be long and you will be safe at home for good. I love you!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Wayside Dr W,Owensboro,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment