Tuesday, June 12, 2012

BIG BIG DAY!!!!!!!!

It has been forever since my last blog entry. Oh my, where to start. We have been so busy with so many things. Trips to see family, Memorial Day, Our first adoption fundraiser, planning VBS, planning Mission trip to New York and the list goes on. I am so glad to be able to post something today. Since this is the first post in some time, it will be a long one lol.


I will start off telling all of you about the miracle that was our first adoption fund raiser. A few months ago we decided to have two yard sales to help raise money for our adoption. Each step of the adoption process takes a certain amount of money. We have been gathering enough money for one step at a time. Once that step is complete we begin gathering for the next step. We decided to have one yard sale in Paducah, Ky where my wife Lauren is from, and one here in Owensboro, Ky where I am from. Our friends and family began cleaning out their attics and donating those items for our yard sale. My fist thought was, will this really make us any money? You know me, always the realist. Well, by the time June 3rd got here my Father-in-law's garage was packed to the max. We had so much stuff I could not believe it. Then the overwhelming thought of, how in the world will we ever get rid of all this stuff really hit me. lol


Our family and friends worked extremely hard unpacking everything and getting it separated and tagging it all. After a very long hard day of unpacking, organizing, hauling, and pricing we were ready to drop. We went to bed excited about the next day. When we got up early the next day I really did not know what to expect. I got up at 6am and was out side by 6:30am. When I walked out we already had people out there looking to buy stuff. 10 hours later we had sold hundreds of items to hundreds of people and walked away with a grand total of $2,056!!!! Can you believe it? Our God is so great! 


This fundraiser made is possible to take our next step. This step for us is the most important step. Today, we are sending off our I600a form. This form will be sent to our governments and they will determine if we will be allowed to adopt internationally or not. This is huge for us!    
We are asking that all who read this blog please pray for this paper to fall into the hands of a Christian person. Pray that they will really read the letters of support and consider them seriously. This is so important to Lauren and I. We want our baby home with us ASAP. The more steps we knock down, the closer we are to holding baby Anderson in our arms. Thank you so much ahead of time for praying.
Our next big fundraiser will be here in Owensboro on July 28th. We have a garage packed to the door with hundreds maybe even thousands of items that we will be selling in our garage sale that day. I can't thank all our friends and family enough for all they have done. We look forward to what God is going to do.

Baby Anderson, Mommy and Daddy are working very hard so that we can see you soon. I have faith that this will happen and that we will hold you in our arms very soon. We love you!

We recognize that adoption may not be possible for everyone, so this might be one way to partner with us in fulfilling our dreams for ministry and family. If you would like to donate toward our adoption, you can make out a check to
             Zachary or Lauren Anderson
Mail to: 2825 West Wayside Dr.
            Owensboro, KY 42301
 PLEASE PUT ADOPTION IN THE MEMO.


No comments:

Post a Comment