Thursday, June 14, 2012

Africa Bound!! Hanna Project!!

As many of you know Africa hold a very special place in my heart. It all started four years ago in Little Rock, AR while I was at our National Association. A friend of mine kept talking about this organization called "The Hanna Project". She told me that they were going to be giving a presentation late in the day. When it was time for the presentation I was beat from walking the convention center all day. I told my friends that I had decided not to make the trip back down to the convention center. They gave up and begin to walk out of the room on their way to the presentation. Something in my mind and heart kept telling me to go. I put my shoes back on and decided to catch up with my group and go to the presentation anyway. Boy am I glad that I did. It was absolutely fantastic! My heart was moved and I begin to weep as I watched a forgotten people struggle to find hope in a dying world. I was hooked. I felt in my heart that I would take this journey at some point in my life. Little did I know that it would be seven months later.

I took an application home with me from the National's and sent it right in. The director of The Hanna Project contacted me and we chatted on the phone about my eagerness to get on a team for the next trip. He asked me to take on a project in my home church that involved collecting school kit items. School kits consist of a pack of pencils, pack of pens, two packs of paper, ruler, erasers, color pencils, and sharpener. These kits would go to Africa and be given out at the village schools. What cost us $3 at the dollar store cost African parents a weeks wages. I took on that project and collected over 200 school kits from our church.








I set up a meeting with the director of THP and personally delivered the school kits and was able to sit down ant talk about the trip. I was accepted as part of the Save A Live III team to West Africa. I can not tell you how excited I was. We left for the trip in February of 2008! Here are some pictures that I was able to take on that trip. 




































This trip changed my life and ministry forever! It has been four years since that trip. I have had a desire in my heart every year since to return. Unfortunately, the timing just has not been right and the doors did not open for me. Well, this year they have. I sent in my application and have been accepted! I will be a team member on the Save A Life VII team to Africa in August! I can not tell you how excited I am to be going! I love the people and have longed to go back there. Especially since Lauren and I have decided to adopt from Africa. It means even more to me now. We will be leaving the US August 30th and coming back September 10th. I can't wait to see what God is going to do.

This project will take place in the area of Bondoukou and will consist of both medical and building work. Our building team will be replacing a roof on the local school while our medical team will assist in eye care and provide much needed basic medical care in the surrounding villages. Please consider making a gift to help me impact lives in the city of Bondoukou. You can visit my fundraising page at http://www.hannaproject.com/fundraising/profiles/zackanderson Most of all we need your prayers. Pray for our team to be ready mind, heart and soul! Also, pray for the people of Bondoukou as we reach out to them in many ways. May God bless and keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment